Five San Antonio charities will be the beneficiaries of donations by participating company teams. Haven for Hope, South Texas Blood & Tissue Center, Boys & Girls Club San Antonio and University Health System Blood Donor Services will all be accepting and recording donations from January 1 through May 12, 2017 ONLY.
Donations must be made directly to each charity, not through any partner agencies or through any third-party donations. Each charity will rank the participating teams, within their respective divisions, in order of their donated amounts, after which San Antonio Sports will award points towards the overall Corporate Cup competition. Please make sure you specify Corporate Cup when setting up your drive so the charities have an accurate count.
The winning team in each division will receive 25 points, 20 points for second place, 15 for third, down to 5 points for all remaining donors. If a company contributes to three charities during the donation period, an additional 5 points will be awarded. If a company contributes to four charities, 5 more points will be awarded.
Give often, give generously and in the end, everyone will win!
The Charity Challenge staff liaison is Carolyn Wheat. Contact her at 210.820.2119 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Haven for Hope
Haven for Hope is working to end homelessness in Bexar County. Daily, we serve more than 1,800 men, women and children on our campus and in the community by providing services that ultimately empower them with permanent housing and sustainable income.
Homelessness is often due to mental or physical illness, domestic violence, loss of income, addiction or other traumatic circumstances. To address the many root causes of homelessness, we partner with 92 nonprofit, governmental, civic and faith-based organizations. We know that when we work together, we can transform and save lives. Since opening in 2010, more than 3,270 single men and women, and families with children have exited the transformational campus and moved into permanent housing.
To register your team for the Charity Challenge, contact John Botts at email@example.com or 210-220-2186, or Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-220-2549.
For Charity Challenge points, we are accepting the following new items in all sizes, valued at 1 point each:
· Packages of socks
· Packages of underwear
· Cotton sports/regular bras
· Packages of white cotton t-shirts
· Monetary donations: $2 = 1 point
*Donations must be counted and accompanied by a donation form when delivered to Haven for Hope.
*Please contact us to create a unique fundraising webpage for your company to track monetary donations.
San Antonio Food Bank
The mission of the San Antonio Food Bank is to fight hunger in Southwest Texas through food distribution, programs, education and advocacy.
The San Antonio Food Bank will collect and distribute 57 million pounds of food this year. Each week, the Food Bank serves 58,000 individuals throughout 16 counties in Southwest Texas. The Food Bank distributes food through a network of 530 partner agencies as well as special distribution programs including programs focusing on children and the elderly. As the San Antonio Food Bank can turn one dollar into ten pounds of food, monetary donations are a great way to make a significant difference in our community.
Please register your Food & Fund Drive and specify San Antonio Sports Corporate Cup. You can find information and the registration form at http://safoodbank.org/food-fund-drives/.
Printing paper boxes work really well for Food and Fund Drives. You can go to local copy/print shops and ask for the boxes. They are sturdy and still manageable when filled with food, plus you can have fun and decorate them.
The San Antonio Food Bank may be able to provide barrels for food collection as well. Please limit barrel requests to those drives that will collect more than 250 pounds of food. This helps keep our transportation costs down. Additionally, delivering collected donations also helps us keep costs low PLUS you can get a tour of the SAFB when you schedule your drop off and get a chance to see your donation in action! But do not forget to mention that this drive is for Corporate Cup and leave your name, company, and phone number so we can credit you appropriately.
Want to engage that employee who forgot their food at home? Consider hosting a Virtual Food & Fund Drive in addition to your ongoing food collection. For every $1 donated, the San Antonio Food Bank can provide 10 pounds of food to families in need. More details are available online at the link provided above.
You will receive credit only for the items collected through an employee driven Food & Fund Drive during the designated dates which are January 1st – May 13th.
Please register your Food & Fund Drive with the San Antonio Food Bank and specify San Antonio Sports Corporate Cup. Contact Chloe Palacios at email@example.com or 210-431-8310.
South Texas Blood and Tissue Center
STBTC's staff and volunteers are committed to serving the blood, tissue and related needs of the South Texas community in a cost-effective manner by utilizing state-of-the-art facilities and equipment and to enhance those services through education and research.
South Texas Blood & Tissue Center (STBTC) is a unique, non-profit, community resource that saves lives by working with volunteer donors to provide the highest quality blood and tissue components to patients. By using cutting-edge technology, our team of dedicated professionals has helped save hundreds of thousands of lives over more than 35 years
Participating companies can:
- Host a blood drive by May 12, 2017 at its location. Host a blood drive.
- Send employees to donate at one of six neighborhood donor rooms by May 12.
Hosting a Blood Drive*:
- Each company will need to designate a Blood Drive Coordinator.
- The Blood Drive Coordinator will need to call their Donor Recruitment Consultant to schedule a blood drive at 210.731.5553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a blood drive.
- The Blood Drive Coordinator will work with a Recruiter to discuss date, time, location and promotional materials to display at the place of business.
- If your company is currently hosting blood drives, please be sure to tell your Recruiter your company is participating in the Corporate Cup Charity Challenge.
- All scheduled blood drives require a minimum of 15 donors to qualify.
- The Blood Drive Coordinator should sign up their donors on www.donatingforlife.org. Keep this sheet for any employees who wish to donate at a neighborhood donor room. See instructions for donating at a neighborhood donor room.
- Employees unable to donate at their blood drive can schedule an appointment to donate at a neighborhood donor room. See instructions for donating at a neighborhood donor room.
**San Antonio Sports will provide the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center a list of all participating companies. After May 12, STBTC will tally the total number of donors for each company. STBTC will provide the totals for each company to San Antonio Sports.
Donating at a Neighborhood Donor Room**:
- If a participating company cannot host a blood drive, the employer can have individuals schedule appointments to donate at one of six neighborhood donor rooms. Visit donatingforlife.org to learn how to schedule an appointment online or call 800-292-5534 ext. 3500.
- The company must designate a Blood Drive Coordinator to keep a list of names of employees who wish to donate blood.
- If an individual has scheduled an appointment to donate, the individual should contact the Blood Drive Coordinator prior to his donation date to be added to his/her sign in list.
- The Coordinator will be responsible for sending STBTC their list of donor names so that STBTC can verify the list. Email your sign in sheets to email@example.com.
**Neighborhood Donor Room Locations: (Subject to change)
| Donor Pavilion
6211 IH 10 W., First Park Ten Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78201
Click here for map.
|Shavano Donor Room
4079 N. Loop 1604 West, Suite 102
San Antonio, TX 78257
|Westover Hills Donor Room
10555 Culebra, Suite 107
San Antonio, TX 78251
Click here for map.
|Southeast Donor Room
3158 SE Military Dr., Suite 104
San Antonio, TX 78223
Click here for map.
|Northeast Donor Room
8527 Village Dr., Suite 106
San Antonio, TX 78217
Click here for map.
|New Braunfels Donor Room
651 N. IH 35, Marketplace Suite 830
New Braunfels, TX 78130
University Health System Blood Donor Services
As the premier Level I trauma center for a 22-county area of South Texas, University Hospital is always in need of an adequate blood supply. The University Hospital Blood Bank was established to provide blood needed for our patients and relies on employees, friends, family members, visitors and the community for blood donations.
How companies can host a blood drive:
University Health System Blood Donor Services can assist with your Corporate Cup blood drive. You have three options:
- We host on-site blood drives Monday through Friday. Please call 358-2792 to schedule a date. We do require that the location have enough space for our staff to work comfortably.
- You can donate at University Hospital's Blood Donor Services . We are within University Hospital, 4502 Medical Drive, San Antonio, in the Rio Tower, 3rd Floor. Use Elevator D; our offices are around the corner from the cafeteria. We validate parking.
- Connect with an already scheduled blood drive. Contact the blood donor coordinator for upcoming donation events.
- University Health System Blood Donor Services requests a minimum of 20 to 25 donors be scheduled to hold an on-site blood drive.
Our hours are:
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday:
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Please call Cindy Moreno, blood donor coordinator, at 358-2792 or email Cynthia.Moreno@uhs-sa.com to schedule a blood drive or connect with an already-scheduled blood drive.
Boys & Girls Club of San Antonio
Since 1939, Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio has been serving the youth of our community, especially those who need us most. And they do need us. They live in some of the most dangerous neighborhoods of our city. But with your help, they are staying in school and finding success.
Every year, Boys & Girls Clubs supports and inspires nearly 8,400 at-risk youth. The Clubs are neighborhood-based and family-oriented with programs focused on Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles and Good Character & Citizenship.
The impact is astounding. Last year, 99% of members stayed in school and successfully progressed to the next grade level. 99% improved their grades in basic skills courses including math, science and reading. And 87% of graduating teens pursued higher education.
For many of the families we serve, purchasing school supplies year-round is an expense they cannot afford. This means hundreds of kids are going to school empty-handed and unprepared to learn. Your donations give Club members the tools they need to succeed. With your help we can ensure every child has the same opportunity to find success and achieve a great future, regardless of economic barriers.
For the Charity Challenge, we are collecting the following new school supplies:
Pencils (1 dozen) = 1 Point
Crayons (1 dozen) = 1 Point
Glue Sticks (set of 3) = 1 Point
Bottle of Glue (4 oz.) = 1 Point
Construction Paper (50 sheet pack) = 1 Point
Every $2 donated = 1 Point
To drop off your school supplies donations:
- Print and complete the Corporate Cup Donation Form
- Drop off your donation and the form at:
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio
Attn: Roxanne Garza
600 SW 19th Street
San Antonio, TX 78207
Business Hours: Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm